Organising events for members of the public
- You are not covered by ACT’s insurance to organise events for non-Wildlife Wardens unless you have completed our Leading Volunteers Training module. Please let the Wildlife Warden Coordinator know if you are interested in receiving this training. Here is the training handout.
- If you are organising an activity/event for members of the public, please contact the Wildlife Warden Coordinator, as we are keeping an eye on the covid situation and can inform you of the precautions that we think you should take to protect attendees.
Here is a training document that we have written on how to complete risk assessments and a blank template that you can use. Let us know if you have any questions on this.
Here are some example risk assessments that you can use. Please make sure that you make changes to these risk assessments so that they are suitable for your specific activity.
- Audrey’s RA for WW visits to Deer Park Farm
- Farm survey RA
- Leading volunteer events RA
- School visit RA
- Pond dipping or stream dipping event RA
- Litter pick RA
- Removing tree guards RA
- Scrub clearance RA
- Surveying hedgerows RA
- Walk in the countryside RA
- Hedge laying and coppicing RA
- Manning a stand at a public event RA